Cannabis edibles can be a delicious and convenient way to consume cannabis. However, the strong and sometimes bitter taste of cannabis can be a turnoff for some people. Luckily, there are ways to make tasteless edibles without sacrificing potency or effectiveness. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make tasteless edibles.
Why Make Tasteless Edibles?
While some people enjoy the taste of cannabis, others find it too strong or bitter. Additionally, if you’re making edibles to share with friends or family who doesn’t consume cannabis regularly, it’s important to make sure they don’t have an overpowering taste. By making tasteless edibles, you can enjoy the benefits of cannabis without having to taste it.
What You’ll Need
1 gram of cannabis oil or tincture
1 tablespoon of butter or oil
1 cup of flour
1/4 cup of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Optional: chocolate chips or other mix-ins
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cannabis oil or tincture and the butter or oil until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg and vanilla extract together.
- Add the cannabis oil mixture to the egg mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring until a dough forms.
- If desired, add chocolate chips or other mix-ins.
- Roll the dough into small balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Remove from the oven and let cool completely before serving.
Tips for Success
Making tasteless edibles can be a bit more complicated than making regular edibles, but by following these tips, you’ll be able to make delicious and potent edibles that won’t leave a bad taste in your mouth.
Use high-quality cannabis oil or tincture: The quality of your cannabis oil or tincture will directly impact the potency and effectiveness of your edibles. Make sure you’re using high-quality cannabis oil or tincture that’s been properly extracted and tested for potency.
Use a mild-tasting oil: When making your cannabis oil mixture, use a mild-tasting oil like coconut or vegetable oil. This will help to mask the taste of cannabis while still allowing for maximum potency.
Use small amounts: When it comes to making tasteless edibles, less is often more. Start with a small amount of cannabis oil or tincture and gradually increase the dosage as needed.
Choose the right recipe: Baked goods like cookies or brownies are a great option for making tasteless edibles, as they can easily mask the taste of cannabis. Avoid recipes that rely on the flavor of cannabis, like teas or gummies.
Add flavors: If you want to add some flavor to your tasteless edibles, try adding spices like cinnamon or nutmeg, or extracts like almond or peppermint.
Making tasteless edibles can be a great way to enjoy the benefits of cannabis without having to taste it. By following these easy steps and tips, you can create your own delicious and potent edibles that won’t leave a bad taste in your mouth. Happy baking!